AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
January 16, 2016 02:33PM
James,

I assume that you do have more than one trial for each movie type since you're using dmUBLOCK. If so, the results from TENT should in general give you more accurate characterization for the BOLD response compared to the one from dmUBLOCK. The reason dmUBLOCK assumes an idealized response curve with a prefixed shape while TENT estimates the shape (and the amplitudes) from the data. In other words, I would definitely trust more the result from TENT in terms of response characterization. I would not worry too much even if the two results cannot resolve with each other.

The impact of unmodelled part with TENT would depend on a couple of factors. Were the movie clips randomized in terms of their sequence as well as the time intervals between them? How many repetitions do you have for each movie type? If the experimental design is fine, the impact of those unmodelled time points would be mainly on the residuals and statistics, but less on the effect estimates.

Gang
Subject Author Posted

How to graph early response to stimuli of differing durations

jkeidel January 14, 2016 07:40AM

Re: How to graph early response to stimuli of differing durations

gang January 14, 2016 08:49PM

jkeidel January 15, 2016 05:55AM

gang January 16, 2016 02:33PM

jkeidel January 20, 2016 12:25PM