AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
July 18, 2016 10:17PM
Hello AFNI Experts,

I would like to examine activation within the amygdala subregions (centromedial amygdala, basolateral amygdala) to different stimuli (CS+, CS- in a fear conditioning paradigm). I have probability information, so that I know which voxels are least likely to compose of each of the subregions and which voxels have the lowest probability. I would like to incorporate this probability information into my analysis. I would like for example, voxels that are more likely to compose a subregion to carry more weight to the averaged BOLD activation than voxels less likely to compose the subregion. I have averaged tents for the CS+ and CS-. Can I simply multiply the probability weights with each of these tents. Then run 3dROI stats as usual on the probability weighted tents to get the averaged BOLD activation? I hope this is making sense. I would appreciate any guidance.

Thanks,

Emily
Subject Author Posted

Probability Weighting

Emily July 18, 2016 10:17PM

Re: Probability Weighting

gang July 19, 2016 06:59AM

Re: Probability Weighting

Emily July 19, 2016 10:38AM