AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
July 19, 2016 10:38AM
Hi Gang,

Yes I used the TENT function as the basis function to estimate BOLD response at single subject level and have already averaged those betas for each stimulus condition.

Yes, each voxel was assigned to a specific subregion based on probability information. Each voxel belongs to only one subregion, so that there is no overlap. I guess what I am asking is that I would like the voxels that are most likely to belong to the subregion (like that voxels that have a 90% chance of belonging to the basolateral amygdala) to carry more weight to the average than those voxels that have only a 50% probability of belonging to the basolateral amygdala.

What I would like to apply something similar that is done with resting state data to task data. For example, Roy (2009) does the following:

To minimize effects due to interindividual anatomic variability, each voxel's time series was weighted by the probability of inclusion in a given amygdala subdivision, based on the interindividual variability of the ten subjects used to construct the original anatomic atlas. In other words, those voxels most reliably located in a given region made the greatest contribution to its signal. In each subject, mean time series were then extracted by averaging across all voxels' probability-weighted time series within each subdivision.

Thanks!

Emily
Subject Author Posted

Probability Weighting

Emily July 18, 2016 10:17PM

Re: Probability Weighting

gang July 19, 2016 06:59AM

Re: Probability Weighting

Emily July 19, 2016 10:38AM