AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
August 30, 2016 01:25PM
Juan,

> 1) Does 3dtttest++ program accept datasets that are modified by 3dcalc? How should I modify it?
> In my case, the PATH is also inserted.

The functionality with 3dcalc in the link you provided is for 3dttest, a precursor of 3dttest++. As you've found out, 3dttest++ probably does not work properly with that embedded 3dcalc command yet.

> 2) Now I try to compare the "[Brick (1) + Brick (3)]*0.5" and "Brick (5)". Should I go back to redo
> the 3dDeconvolve, by collapsing the regressor 1 and regressor 2 (i.e., they are corresponding
> to the Brick (1) and (3) here) as one regressor? Would the results be different? I assume it
> should be the same. Am I correct?

No, you don't need to obtain the combination with 3dDeconvolve. Instead 3dcalc should be good enough for your purpose.

Alternatively (and probably better) you can treat Bricks 1, 3 and 5 as three levels of a within-subject factor, and run a one-way within-subject ANOVA with 3dANOVA2 -type 3. And specify the contrast of "[Brick (1) + Brick (3)]*0.5" vs "Brick (5)" with option -acontr in 3dANOVA2.

Gang

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/30/2016 01:37PM by Gang.
Subject Author Posted

why my 3dcalc does not work?

Juan August 27, 2016 08:26PM

Re: why my 3dcalc does not work?

gang August 30, 2016 01:25PM

Bob Cox August 30, 2016 01:32PM

Juan August 30, 2016 03:05PM

gang August 30, 2016 05:12PM