AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
April 13, 2017 02:06AM
Hi Afni Experts,
I have started using FATCAT tools for preprocessing of diffusion weighted data. One of the things I wanted to do was the following:

1) Create an average B0 image by linearly registering multiple B0's to create an optimized mean image as opposed to just creating a mean (since this does not account for head motion and may make the mean look worse).
2) Put the mean image as the first volume for eddy current reference

Using an older afni package, there was just 1dDW_Grad_O_Mat which would create a mean B0 image (although not linearly registered i'm guessing) when the -proc_dset flag is used and would output the new dataset with the -pref_dset flag. When updating and using 1dDW_Grad_O_Mat++ these flags are no longer available, and so I wanted to see if this is handled elsewhere or if this functionality is not being replaced? The issue is that even though the bvec/bval files are updated by removing other B0 values, I do not see any flags to output a corrected image. It looks like bref_mean_top will handle the text files but I do not see how to output a corrected image (with the mean B0 in place which I can replace with a linearly registered version).

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Ajay
Subject Author Posted

1dDW_Grad_O_Mat++ and missing -proc_dset flag

AjaySK April 13, 2017 02:06AM

Re: 1dDW_Grad_O_Mat++ and missing -proc_dset flag

ptaylor April 13, 2017 09:22AM

AjaySK April 13, 2017 05:28PM

ptaylor April 13, 2017 09:04PM