AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
June 04, 2018 08:33PM
Hi Rick,
Thanks very much for your reply!
I am doing some analysis on the classical false-belief localizer task. In the task, false belief question (10s) and the answer phase (4s), false photo question (10s) and the answer phase (4s) was separated by 12 seconds fixation. The order of false belief and false photo condition was randomized, of course.
In the initial analysis, I used a GAM to get the contrast of belief-photo. Some researchers used a BOXCAR function instead of a GAM. However, I found that the GAM give me best fit in my sample.
And then I run a PPI analysis by adding the PPI terms to the orignial GLM.
Although I get some interesting findings, I am anxious that what I found might be a residual of task-coactivation.
So I come here and ask the question to make sure if it is preferable to fit all the task-relevant variance before doing PPI analysis.
I think using TENT can best capture the task-relevant activations.

If I understand it correctly, you agree with my point that it should be better to use TENT to explain all task-relevant variance as we can, at least in the case of a classical event-related design.

I am not sure about the block design and the rapid event-related design. Theoretically, we can also use TENT, right?

thanks very much!
-lz
Subject Author Posted

about the rationale of PPI analysis

lzhyoung May 30, 2018 03:54AM

Re: about the rationale of PPI analysis

rick reynolds June 04, 2018 04:25PM

lzhyoung June 04, 2018 08:33PM

rick reynolds June 04, 2018 08:59PM