AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
August 30, 2018 10:50AM
Hi, Tamara-

Thanks very much for posting those details-- I do see what the problem is right now. I think it is extremely subtle.

I think it has to do with the fact that the outputs of @SSwarper in this case have a funny name ending with multiple volumetric file extensions: instead of being just ".nii.gz" or ".nii", they are ".nii.gz.nii".

afni_proc.py can find the initial datasets and copy them-- at this stage, it is trying to change them to BRIK/HEAD format (because that is what afni_proc.py uses), but the "SS" anat here is staying NIFTI because it has *two layers* of NIFTI extensions!

OK, so to solve this in the present case, you should be able to rename the files that have 2 layers of extensions. I will suggest:
3dcopy anatSS.MNI152_2009_template_SSW.nii.gz.nii anatSS.fixedname.nii
3dcopy anatQQ.MNI152_2009_template_SSW.nii.gz.nii anatQQ.fixedname.nii
Note that that I don't think the other two files from SSwarper need to be renamed:
+ "anatQQ.MNI152_2009_template_SSW.nii.gz.aff12.1D" is just a text file of linear affine transformation values-- doesn't get renamed
+ "anatQQ.MNI152_2009_template_SSW.nii.gz_WARP.nii" still has a funny name with the NIFTI extensions buried inside, but at the end it only has one extension (because the "_WARP" string is sitting there).

Once you have renamed the two problematic files and replaced their name in the afni_proc.py script, you should be good to go.

Note also that in the future, using @SSwarper you can avoid this problem with the newer version of @SSwarper, which makes clearer what parts of the inputs are file names and what are paths/etc. In your present/old version, the syntax for inputs is:
@SSwarper T1dataset SubID [minp]
so you can see that the 2nd argument for the program is not the name of a target file, but instead the "subject ID".

--pt
Subject Author Posted

Error in affine step

tamtam August 07, 2018 05:01PM

Re: Error in affine step

Peter Molfese August 07, 2018 05:17PM

Re: Error in affine step Attachments

tamtam August 08, 2018 08:31AM

rick reynolds August 09, 2018 09:20AM

tamtam August 29, 2018 02:06PM