History of AFNI updates  

|
March 26, 2020 02:43PM
Hi All,

1. First, I hope you are staying safe and sane.

2. Second, I have a question that is hopefully simple to answer.

CONTEXT: I have vertex and voxel level data that were analyzed with a complicated pipeline and saved as .mgz files. The group analysis was conducted using FSL's PALM. PALM's output provides several files: t maps, p maps, beta weights etc. I wanted to view the voxel level data, which are subcortically masked, using AFNI's GUI (as the wb_view is difficult to use for voxel data). The group maps are saved as NIFTI files subcortically.

PROBLEM: I used 3dTcat to combine the PALM generated beta and t maps into the same file. However, when I opened AFNI (to read the voxel) data, it read these files as anatomy files (also verified with 3dinfo).

ATTEMPTED SOLUTION: I tried to force the files to be read as functional data using 3dbucket -fbuc but no luck. This is particularly an issue when trying to threshold because the scales are off. A simple fix is that I could use wb_view but AFNI's viewer is much more user friendly. I was getting weird results with wb_view so I wanted to confirm with the AFNI GUI.

QUESTION 1: So, is there a way to force the files to be read as a functional dataset so that I can threshold correctly? If not, no big deal. I can learn how to use SUMA so that I can analyze my data using 3dMVM :) or use the wb_view :(

QUESTION 2: If I end up using 3dMVM, is there a way to generate a p and cohen's map?

Thanks,
Shana
Subject Author Posted

stats file being read in as an anatomical image

shanaadise March 26, 2020 02:43PM

Re: stats file being read in as an anatomical image

ptaylor March 26, 2020 03:02PM

shanaadise March 26, 2020 08:03PM

ptaylor March 27, 2020 09:25AM