AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
February 23, 2021 02:51PM
Hi, Yasir-

Typically, one puts a set of EPI dsets into a single afni_proc.py command that makes sense to go together.

If you have runs that are very different---particularly task and rest, or unrelated tasks (a categorization which includes task and rest....)---then I would *not* put them all together into a single afni_proc.py command. I don't see what that would mean--- GLTs would be hard to specify for the task part, and typically task and resting FMRI have different processing paths (e.g., one includes the derivatives of motion params in rest often, but not in task).

I don't understand the 2^8 permutation estimate.

You should likely just process each set of similar tasks together in batches. If nothing "goes together", then you would have N afni_proc.py runs.

Cases like this are why we recommend using @SSwarper for skullstripping+nonlinear warping before running afni_proc.py: you only run *that* once, and then pass its results into each afni_proc.py instance. Same goes for running FreeSurfer: you run it on your subject's anatomical once, and then you can use it in each subsequent AP run.

--pt
Subject Author Posted

Segregating different runs with afni_proc.py

duodenum February 23, 2021 04:02AM

Re: Segregating different runs with afni_proc.py

ptaylor February 23, 2021 02:51PM

Re: Segregating different runs with afni_proc.py

duodenum February 23, 2021 03:48PM