AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
Kim
March 01, 2022 12:34PM
Thank you both -

My goal is to do spinal cord fMRI motion correction. Specifically, it is a slicewise alignment of each timepoint to a base, so it is a like to like alignment as you mentioned, Daniel. The alignment is limited to just XY translations.

This is an example of the command I am trying to translate:
3dWarpDrive -affine_general \
-parfix 3 0 -parfix 4 0 -parfix 5 0 -parfix 6 0 -parfix 7 1 -parfix 8 1 -parfix 9 1 -parfix 10 0 -parfix 11 0 -parfix 12 0 \
-quintic -final quintic \
-base fmri_slice1_base.nii \
-prefix fmri_slice1_MCnofilt.nii \
-weight fmri_slice1_Gaussian_mask.nii \
-1Dfile fmri_slice1_MC_params.txt \
-1Dmatrix_save fmri_slice1_MC_xform.aff12.1D \
fmri_slice1.nii

And this is what I have tried to run:
3dAllineate -warp affine_general \
-parfix 3 0 -parfix 4 0 -parfix 5 0 -parfix 6 0 -parfix 7 1 -parfix 8 1 -parfix 9 1 -parfix 10 0 -parfix 11 0 -parfix 12 0 \
-interp quintic -final quintic \
-base fmri_slice1_base.nii \
-prefix fmri_slice1_MCnofilt.nii \
-weight fmri_slice1_Gaussian_mask.nii \
-1Dparam_save fmri_slice1_MC \
-1Dmatrix_save fmri_slice1_MC_xform.aff12.1D \
-cost ls -onepass \
fmri_slice1.nii

I have tried the cost function 'ls' and using the -onepass option, which has worked ok so far, but not as well as 3dWarpDrive has worked. If there is no cost function of weighted least squares in the 3dAllineate function, I am gathering that maybe it cannot be used in exactly the same way. The main reason I am looking towards 3dAllineate is because 3dWarpDrive points to using it for future work.

Thanks,
Kim
Subject Author Posted

3dWarpDrive to 3dAllineate

Kim February 27, 2022 11:05PM

Re: 3dWarpDrive to 3dAllineate

ptaylor February 28, 2022 08:10AM

Daniel Glen February 28, 2022 12:26PM

Kim March 01, 2022 12:34PM