AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
Kim
March 03, 2022 11:59AM
Hi pt,

Here are my answers to your questions:

0) are these 3D volumes, or 2D slices? - 2D slices
1) what are the voxel dimensions of the data? - anisotropic 1x1x3 mm voxels (1x1 in the axial plane)
2) how much distortion/difference is there from time point to time point? - it depends on the task, but the cord can regularly move 0-3 mm (mostly in the ventral-dorsal direction)
3) how you are evaluating these (visualizing overlay/underlay, for example), and what means better or worse (boundaries line up, features lining up, less blurry)? - I have been using tSNR as one metric to evaluate these. I also will visually compare the fMRI timeseries before/after motion correction. I tend to look for whether the spinal cord/CSF region/boundary is remaining in the same location from timepoint to timepoint.
4) would you be able to share the data, if I sent a Box drive to your email? It is hard to advise on something I am not very familiar with. For example, I might try the 'lpa' or 'nmi' cost function, but those choices are informed from a very different context. - Thank you! I should probably be able to share some data. Should I private message you to provide my email?

Best,
Kim
Subject Author Posted

3dWarpDrive to 3dAllineate

Kim February 27, 2022 11:05PM

Re: 3dWarpDrive to 3dAllineate

ptaylor February 28, 2022 08:10AM

Daniel Glen February 28, 2022 12:26PM

Kim March 01, 2022 12:34PM