AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
April 10, 2023 05:11PM
Hi Paul,

I will try to specifiy what my aim is. I compute the temporal autocorrelation (AC) for each voxel. How do I do that?

1. I extract the voxel-based time-series from the preprocessed AFNI errts. file (aligned to MNI152) using 3dmaskdump into one .1D file per subject.
2. Next, I load this .1D file into Python. I compute the AC for every voxel and save those voxel values in a big list.
3. I take the mean across all subjects for each voxel, also in Python.
----
Now I would like to plot that AC "map" on a 3D surface brain.
----
4. I also loaded the voxel coordinates from a resampled Schaefer-Yeo AFNI template that I build myself. How did I build that file myself? I downloaded the data that you provide here: [afni.nimh.nih.gov] Using that data, I created the 7-networks 1000 parcels version with AFNI myself. This creation is 99% correct, I also plotted the brain in Python, I inspected it in AFNI, all looks perfect. This is the file called "Resample_Yeo7N_1000ribbon.nii" in my previous posts, because I "downsampled" this file to the 3x3x3 mm voxel resolution after I created it, so that it matches the functional resolution.
5. Next, I create a new .1D file using Python. In this file, I save the new information as follows: the first row starts with the first voxel coordinate, that is, it starts with x y and z. Next, the 4th index gets the AC value, such as 4.55 (a single value!). Hence, every row contains 4 numbers, the x y z coordinates plus the AC value.
6. I load this .1D file with 3dUndump to create a new NIfTI file that, in turn, can be loaded back into Python by nilearn, finally allowing to plot this "AC map" on a 3D brain surface.

I should add that the extracted time-series in the first step (1) are already extracted using the different networks, that it, with a for loop for different masks in 3dmaskdump. Hence, the coordinates between those extracted time-series and the template have to be the same, there should be no mismatch, as the previous test showed. However, there is only no mismatch if I mirror the y coordinates in Python by multiplying them with -1.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 04/10/2023 05:30PM by Philipp.
Subject Author Posted

Extracting voxel-wise data with 3dmaskdump and recombing it with 3dUndump Attachments

Philipp April 10, 2023 07:59AM

Re: Extracting voxel-wise data with 3dmaskdump and recombing it with 3dUndump Attachments

Philipp April 10, 2023 08:13AM

Re: Extracting voxel-wise data with 3dmaskdump and recombing it with 3dUndump

ptaylor April 10, 2023 09:23AM

Re: Extracting voxel-wise data with 3dmaskdump and recombing it with 3dUndump Attachments

Philipp April 10, 2023 12:53PM

ptaylor April 10, 2023 03:18PM

Philipp April 10, 2023 03:20PM

Philipp April 10, 2023 03:31PM

ptaylor April 10, 2023 03:38PM

Philipp April 10, 2023 03:47PM