AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
May 08, 2003 03:16AM
Hi all,

I just installed AFNI under cygwin on Windows XP and it runs great. It seems like an ideal solution for running AFNI on a PC laptop if you don't want to deal with the challenges of installing linux.

I am writing with a possible fix for a problem noted by Bob Cox on the cygwin page: there is a bug, presumably related to LessTif, where AFNI freezes up sometimes when you're making choices from popup menus.

For me at least, this happens *if and only if* help text pops up while you're trying to make a selection from the popup menu. If you release the mouse button while the help text is still there, it hangs. Otherwise, it is fine. So maybe this could be fixed if there was a way to disable the help text? Even if not, it is still perfectly useable as is, you just have to be careful with your mouse movements so that you don't cause help text to pop up, or if that happens, you need to move the mouse away before you release it.

regards,

Stephen

Subject Author Posted

AFNI on cygwin

Stephen Wilson May 08, 2003 03:16AM

Re: AFNI on cygwin

wu xiang May 08, 2003 04:16AM

Re: AFNI on cygwin

bob cox May 08, 2003 09:22AM

Re: AFNI on cygwin -- workarounds for interface problems

Stephen Wilson May 08, 2003 10:56AM

wu xiang May 11, 2003 08:10AM

bob cox May 12, 2003 09:12AM

AFNI on cygwin -- is this for the latest version?

Shantanu May 20, 2003 11:15AM