AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
bob cox
July 31, 2003 09:35AM
The fim ROI, originally drawn in AC-PC view, will not contain any transformation or markers data.

You might be able to use the Nudge Dataset plugin to move a copy of the new AC-PC anat into correct alignment with the ROI dataset, though. Make a copy with "3dcopy anat+acpc anat_copy". Set the plugin up to nudge the anat_copy dataset, view the ROI dataset as the function overlaying the anat, then you can move the anat_copy to be aligned with the function visually.

If you get a good alignment, then you can proceed in one of two ways. You can use the plugin's "Do All" button to save the nudged anat_copy dataset, and then use it. Better, though, might be to move the ROI dataset to be aligned with the new anat. You should be able to do that by using the plugin's "Print" button, which will print the 3drotate command that is equivalent to the movement ordered by the plugin. You can then apply the inverse of that movement to the ROI dataset. For example, if you get

-rotate 3.0I 2.0R -2.0A -ashift 2S 3L 4P

the inverse should be

-rotate 2.0A -2.0L -3.0I -bshift -2S -3L -4P

You use the undocumented "-NN" flag to specify nearest-neighbor interpolation for the ROI dataset. It would maybe be easier to use the nudge plugin to move the ROI dataset into alignment with the new anat, but the nudge plugin doesn't allow NN interpolation at this moment. (I suppose I could fix that.)

bob cox
Subject Author Posted

I want my old acpc markers back

Christine Smith July 30, 2003 05:30PM

Re: I want my old acpc markers back

rick reynolds July 30, 2003 05:56PM

Christine Smith July 30, 2003 06:05PM

rick reynolds July 30, 2003 06:28PM

bob cox July 31, 2003 09:35AM