AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
September 24, 2003 02:09AM
Thank you for your reply,
Please tell me if I am off the mark, but I believe the logic goes...
If I am contrasting two variables in an event related design, and I do not want to use a wavered stim. file, then I would want to compare as much of the area under the curves as possible. In this case I would want to use as many time lags in my glt as multicollinearity will allow. Right?

If I am just doing a variable to base line "contrast," where I want to sum the coefficents for each time lag to give the area under the curve, then I would need to use a glt with the 0's for linear drift and 1's corresponding to the # of time lags. (ex. 4 concatenated trials, binary input, max lag of 4, with a glt: 0000000011111). Using a glt that looks like 000000001111100000 will only add unnecessary parameters to my hits vs base line analysis, decreasing its power. Right?

So in theory, the two methods of using wavered input and binary input for comparing variables to base line, can be comparable if we use a glt with the binary input. A glt which gives output that sums the coefficients to give one coefficient(where wavered just has one coefficient to begin with). The wavered is limited to assuming that each BOLD response peaks at the same lag, and the binary with glt will look at every possible time lags permitable, thus compensating for variable BOLD peakage. Right?

I apologize if my questions seem basic and are lengthy. They will help to answer my poorly phrased previous question though, at a theoretical level.

Thank you again soo much for your time and patience!
Jeremy
Subject Author Posted

more glt

jeremy September 19, 2003 12:44PM

Re: more glt

Gang Chen September 23, 2003 05:53PM

Jeremy September 24, 2003 02:09AM

Gang Chen September 24, 2003 11:50AM