AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
george
January 26, 2005 10:47AM
Hi,

I assume the image voxels are stored in the order that x (the fastest changing axis) runs from left to right, y from posterior to anterior, z (the slowest changing axis) from inferior to superior after I convert an image from AFNI format to Analyze format using 3dAFNItoANALYZE -LPI... Then I load the Analyze format image in AFNI to verify my assumption. The image were displayed correctly in axial, sagittal, and coronal views. I mean the "left=right", "left=anterior" labels were correct. The lower numbered slice in the axial view was Inferior. The lower numbered slice in the sagittal view was Left. I would expect the lower numbered slice in the coronal view was Posterior, but in fact it was Anterior.
Anybody knows if I was wrong about the x, y, z storage, or was there a reason to let slice 0 in coronal be anterior, or people just don't care which slice is slice 0?

Thanks,
George
Subject Author Posted

data orientation and coronal view

george January 26, 2005 10:47AM

Re: data orientation and coronal view

rick reynolds January 26, 2005 01:06PM

george January 26, 2005 02:37PM

rick reynolds January 26, 2005 02:54PM