AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
May 14, 2005 04:06AM
Hi all,
I apologize in advance for asking such a newbie-like question. I'm having some difficulty building AFNI under a fresh OS X 10.4 installation (not upgraded from 10.3.9). I'm attempting to build this on a dual G5 mac. Installation included X11 and X11 SDK and the XTools development tools. The 10.3 G5 binaries from the site fail with a the error:
dyld: Library not loaded: /usr/local/lib/libXm.2.dylib

The /usr/local/lib directory is unpopulated. It appeared that the OpenMotif package on the Apple site (openmotif-compat-2.1.3_IST.macosx10.3.dmg) didn't work well under 10.4, so I built and installed openmotif 2.2.4 with darwinports. Also built and installed netcdf and netpbm. With all this I got to fatal errors with a missing libf2c.a library. I pulled that from the G5 10.3 binaries and got an error that said it was out of date and needed to have ranlib rerun. I decided to pull the source for f2c and built a new libf2c.a and threw it into the source directory (ran ranlib).
The build now crashes with the following (excessive detail, I know, but I don't want to leave anything out):

cc -O3 -funroll-loops -fstrict-aliasing -fsched-interblock -falign-loops=32 -falign-jumps=16 -falign-functions=16 -falign-jumps-max-skip=15 -falign-loops-max-skip=15 -malign-natural -ffast-math -mpowerpc-gpopt -force_cpusubtype_ALL -mtune=G5 -mcpu=G5 -mpowerpc64 -fPIC -DDARWIN -DNO_GAMMA -Wcomment -Wformat -DUSE_TRACING -DHAVE_XDBE -no-cpp-precomp -DDONT_USE_MCW_MALLOC -o afni afni.o afni_func.o afni_widg.o afni_warp.o afni_fimmer.o afni_slice_short.o afni_slice_float.o afni_slice_byte.o afni_slice_complex.o afni_pcor.o afni_pcor_float.o afni_transforms.o pbar.o afni_graph.o afni_plugin.o parser.o parser_int.o afni_plugout.o afni_fimfunc.o afni_setup.o afni_receive.o mcw_graf.o afni_splash.o afni_pplug_env.o afni_pplug_2dfunc.o afni_friends.o afni_ttren.o afni_pplug_1dfunc.o afni_driver.o afni_niml.o afni_sumafunc.o afni_slice_rgbyte.o afni_version.o afni_lock.o afni_vol2surf.o -dynamic -L. -L/usr/X11R6/lib -Wl,-force_flat_namespace -lmrix -lcoxplot -lmri -lvolpack -lf2c -lmri -lXm -lXp -lXpm -lXext -lXmu -lXt -lX11 -lz -lm -lmri -ldl -lc -lm -lc
/usr/bin/ld: multiple definitions of symbol __Xsetlocale
./libmri.a(machdep.o) definition of __Xsetlocale in section (__TEXT,__text)
/usr/X11R6/lib/libX11.dylib(SetLocale.o) definition of __Xsetlocale
/usr/bin/ld: multiple definitions of symbol _gamma
./libmri.a(mri_stats.o) definition of _gamma in section (__TEXT,__text)
/usr/lib/gcc/powerpc-apple-darwin8/4.0.0/../../../libm.dylib(gamma9.o) definition of _gamma
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

I'm at a loss as to what to make of that and it seems like it is getting close to compiling. How do I address this issue? Or, is there a working Makefile for the G5 OSX 10.4 or hidden binaries?

Last few details. I got these errors using both the Makefile.macosx_10.3_G5 and the Makefile.macosx_10.3_G5_darwinports (after installing glib2). Couldn't see anything obvious in those to change.

Thanks in advance for any guidance. I'd hate to have to go back to using AFNI on our dual Xeon 3.4 server! winking smiley

---Frank

Subject Author Posted

AFNI running under OS X 10.4 Tiger?

Frank Haist May 14, 2005 04:06AM

Re: AFNI running under OS X 10.4 Tiger?

Bob Cox May 14, 2005 06:25AM

Frank Haist May 14, 2005 01:46PM

Bob Cox May 14, 2005 05:53PM

Bob Cox May 14, 2005 09:20PM