AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
November 01, 2005 12:52PM
Hello all,

This question has probably been asked before but I am still confused about it.
The MNI template used in SPM, MNI, FSL etc and now in AFNI which is the avg152 brain is a 2*2*2 [91*109*91] brain.
The ICBM 452 template and the N27 brain are a 1*1*1[161*191*151].

A structural in the orig format converted into the tlrc fomat gets a brain voxel size of 1*1*1[161*191*151] and so is not using the avg 152 brain. It is also using the big Talaraich bounding box.

A structural normalized in SPM, MNI, FSL etc uses the avg 152 brain as the template. Am I correct in assuming that when this normalized brain is converted back into AFNI BRIK and HEAD format, and the Where am I option in Talaraich is used, it might give erroneous results because of the different template?

Also if the above is true, why is the average152 template a part of the AFNI toolkit?

nameeta
Subject Author Posted

templates used in AFNI

nameeta November 01, 2005 12:52PM

Re: templates used in AFNI

Ziad Saad November 01, 2005 02:22PM

nameeta November 01, 2005 03:20PM

Ziad Saad November 01, 2005 04:02PM

nameeta November 01, 2005 04:21PM