AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
Ziad Saad
November 01, 2005 04:02PM
Nameeta,

The problem is that SPM's Talairach is not quite Talairach, call it 'MNI system' for now. For a detailed exposition of this issue look at : [www.mrc-cbu.cam.ac.uk] . If you used the SPM template for normalization, the "Where am i" function will work poorly in some areas.

The templates being distributed with AFNI have been modified from the 'MNI system' to conform with the original Talairach system.

You don't need to rerun the normalization and reprocess all your data as long as you realize what space you are operating in. AFNI does allow you some flexibility in dealing with MNI coordinates (for example: 'Jump To' works with MNI coords) but for full compatibility with things like the Talairach Daemon database (Lancaster, Woldorff et al. 2000) included with AFNI it is best you stick to the Talairach, not the MNI system.

Not my fault, I swear.

-z
Subject Author Posted

templates used in AFNI

nameeta November 01, 2005 12:52PM

Re: templates used in AFNI

Ziad Saad November 01, 2005 02:22PM

nameeta November 01, 2005 03:20PM

Ziad Saad November 01, 2005 04:02PM