AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
November 06, 2005 05:34PM
Hello,

I'm trying to install afni on a Linux machine for a research project for my parallel programming class (we're going to try and parallelize 3dDeconvolve, and maybe some other tools, using MPI) but i'm running into all sorts of different errors...

I've already installed lesstif, dont want to pay for Motif, locally and added it's path to the makefile everywhere i've seen an -I or -L. This fixed the error i got about 'Xm/...' not being found.

Now, when i try to 'make totality' i get an error from the lesstiff Print.h because it's trying to 'include <X11/extensions/Print.h>' which isn't in the lesstif include directory or in /usr/X11R6/include/... dir.

In any case, our goal is to get 3dDeconvolve running. When i try to make 3dDeconvolve, i get the following error:
gcc: /usr/X11R6/lib/libXm.a: No such file or directory

I tried using libXmu.a instead (or even libXm.la in the lesstif install directory) and then i get the following error:
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lcoxplot

I've spent about an hour or two trying to google and search the afni pages for 'coxplot' to see what it is, where to get it, etc. without any luck.

I've installed the linux binaries and was able to run afni, no problem at all.

I'm a little lost and and running out of time for our project; any help would be greatly appreciated! If you can contact me via email (okhalili@cs.ucsd.edu) it would be even easier for me.

thanks!

-Omid
Subject Author Posted

Errors installing AFNI from source on Linux

Omid November 06, 2005 05:34PM

Re: Errors installing AFNI from source on Linux

rick reynolds November 06, 2005 07:46PM

bob cox November 07, 2005 08:33AM

Omid November 08, 2005 04:22PM