AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
November 08, 2005 04:22PM
Hello

Thanks for the replies!

I tried installing openMotif and even though "make World" says it installs, i see all sorts of warnings, including a good amount about not finding some files such as: ".../extensions/Print.h", "UilDBDef.h", "UilLexPars.h". Since all these header files can't be found, then i get errors about poor syntax in the code, undecalred variables (using structs defined in the headers that aren't found so they don't exist), etc. I'm a little suprised that it says the full build is complete. (when i do a 'make install' i get an error about some exectuable not being found, probably because it wasn't built since one of the above files is needed for it).

The version of Linux that we have on our machine is: GNU/LINUX release, 2.6.9-5.0.5.ELsmp. This is a course cluster, so i don't have any root access. I have a feeling that our install of linux isn't a complete install...

Has anyone else ran into problems like this? We're looking forward to parallelizing 3dDeconvolve with MPI for our class project, but if we cant get AFNI/3dDeconvolve installed we're out of luck, and maybe a grade :(

Since our current goal is getting 3dDeconvolve to run, what is the minimum we need to get that installed?

Thanks!

-Omid
Subject Author Posted

Errors installing AFNI from source on Linux

Omid November 06, 2005 05:34PM

Re: Errors installing AFNI from source on Linux

rick reynolds November 06, 2005 07:46PM

bob cox November 07, 2005 08:33AM

Omid November 08, 2005 04:22PM