AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
November 10, 2005 03:04PM
Hello!

The x11 install of the course machine was incomplete. One file, used by one of the thread classes, needed Print.h which doesn't exist on the course machine.

I work at the san diego supercomputer center (SDSC) and got a OK from my boss to use the SDSC TeraGrid supercomputer for this project. 'make totality' appears to work, but i ran out of disk quota while installing :] I was using my work account, which has spaced used up by other things. I noticed that 3dDeconvolve compiled. I cleaned up and i'm building 3dDeconvolve alone.

My partner and i are getting user accounts, hopefully with enough quota space to make totality. SDSC's TeraGrid cluster currently consists of 256 IBM cluster nodes, each with dual 1.5 GHz IntelĀ® ItaniumĀ® 2 processors, for a peak performance of 3.1 teraflops. The nodes are equipped with four gigabytes (GBs) of physical memory per node. The cluster is running SuSE Linux and is using Myricom's Myrinet cluster interconnect network.

For MPI-zing, we've read up on how it's done with shared memory. We were planning on storing results locally and using a gather to collect everything at the end. If you know of anything else we should look out for, we would love to know.

The dataset we are currently planning on using is something i DLed from one of the build guides i found, AFNI_data1.tgz. I'm pretty sure that the processors are 64bit and the scratch space on the SDSC TG machine has enough room for a 2GB file. If you have a larger data set that we can work with, we would love to use it :)

Thanks for all the help!!! I'll be sure to post our final report and new 3dDeconvolve_MPI source online when we finish.

-Omid

(BTW, the build for 3dDeconvolve just finished)
Subject Author Posted

Errors installing AFNI from source on Linux

Omid November 06, 2005 05:34PM

Re: Errors installing AFNI from source on Linux

rick reynolds November 06, 2005 07:46PM

bob cox November 07, 2005 08:33AM

Omid November 08, 2005 04:22PM

bob cox November 08, 2005 04:48PM