AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
November 09, 2005 06:46PM
Hi Gang. Thank you very much for your replies. Forgive me for I'm still a bit confused. Let me describe how I did the contrast of Real vs. PseudoPictures.
My design is event-related, with 18 real pictures and 18 pseudo-pictures appearing in each run. A sample run looks like this (I know this looks like a block design but we're sticking to an event-related analysis for various reasons too detailed to present here):
10 sec rest > 9 real pictures > 20 sec rest > 9 pseudopictures > 20 sec rest > 9 real pictures > 20 sec rest > 9 pseudopictures
I created 2 time series models with waver using the -tstim option, one with the time onsets of the real pictures entitled "Stim_1_Pic.1D", and another with the time onsets of the pseudopictures entitled "Stim_2_PPic.1D".
Since my experiment has 8 runs, I set up the contrast in the "ContrastRealPic-PseudoPic" file as follows:
0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 -1

I input these files into the following command:

3dDeconvolve -input JI_All_Epis+orig -num_stimts 2 \
-stim_file 1 'Stim_1_Pic.1D[1]' -stim_label 1 RealPictures \
-stim_file 2 'Stim_2_PPic.1D[1]' -stim_label 2 PseudoPictures -concat Runs.1D \
-glt 1 ContrastRealPic-PseudoPic -glt_label 1 PvPP -full_first -fout -tout -nobout \
-bucket func_JIallEpis

Where does Rest figure into the outputs of this command?
-Whitney
Subject Author Posted

Rest "events" in an event-related design

Whitney November 09, 2005 02:07PM

Re: Rest "events" in an event-related design

Gang Chen November 09, 2005 04:20PM

Whitney November 09, 2005 06:46PM

Gang Chen November 10, 2005 10:31AM

Whitney November 10, 2005 11:42AM