AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
November 10, 2005 11:42AM
Dear Gang,
I thank you for honing in on the source of my confusion. In my time series model for Real Picture stimuli, you say all the time points that are not specified are interpreted as Rest, whereas in fact some of those time points are Rest and others are Pseudopictures. Put another way, what is unspecified is everything that's not a Real Picture stimulus presentation, i.e., *either* Rest (=cross-bar presented onscreen) or Pseudopicture stimulus presentation. Likewise, in my time series model for Pseudopicture stimuli, the unspecified time points are those during which either a cross-bar is onscreen (Rest condition) or a real picture is presented.
Therefore I interpret the baseline to which activation for real pictures is being compared as not just Rest, but Rest + Pseudopictures. Similarly, I interpret the baseline against which activation for pseudopictures is compared to be not just Rest, but Rest + Real Pictures.
Gang, please tell me if I'm wrong and if so, why.
-Whitney
Subject Author Posted

Rest "events" in an event-related design

Whitney November 09, 2005 02:07PM

Re: Rest "events" in an event-related design

Gang Chen November 09, 2005 04:20PM

Whitney November 09, 2005 06:46PM

Gang Chen November 10, 2005 10:31AM

Whitney November 10, 2005 11:42AM