AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
aparna
September 04, 2007 01:29PM
Hi,

Q1:
I am using Dimon and then running the script created by Dimon to reconstruct a Sagittal mprage collected on a siemens 3T system. The images looks fine but when I try to cross check the co-ordinates between the raw dicom images and the reconstructed afni image they do not match. [I am comparing the tag (0020,0032) of the first raw dicom image with the afni coods for the upper left corner of the first sag slice i.e Sag viewer set to the 0th slice, Axial set to the last slice and Coronal set to the 0th slice]

Am I doing/checking something in a wrong way?

Commands:
Dimon -dicom_org -infile_prefix \"*\" -GERT_Reco -quit
GERT_Reco script
#!/bin/tcsh

# This script was automatically generated by \'Dimon\'.
#
# Please modify the following options for your own evil uses.

set OutlierCheck = \'\' # use \'-skip_outliers\' to skip
set OutPrefix = \'OutBrick\' # prefix for datasets

to3d -prefix ${OutPrefix}_run_006 \\
-time:zt 160 1 2.02sec alt+z \\
-@ < dimon.files.run.006

Q2.
I used the same commands as above on another Sagittal mprage collected at a 1.5T siemens and the check between the raw dicom first slice matched with the afni co-ods for the last Sagittal slice [Sag viewer set to the last slice, Axial set to the last slice, coronal set to the 0th slice]

I am assuming this is the case because images to collected R to L instead of L to R. Am I thinking correctly?

PS: this does not seem to be an issue for the GE images as the co-ods (tag 0020,0032) first slice of the raw dicom matches with the afni coods for the first sagittal slice (Sag viewer set to the 0th slice, Axial last slice, Coronal 0th slice)

Please help. Currently very confused!!

Thanks a lot,
aparna
Subject Author Posted

Dimon?

aparna September 04, 2007 01:29PM

Re: Dimon?

rick reynolds September 04, 2007 02:19PM

aparna September 04, 2007 03:59PM

rick reynolds September 04, 2007 04:21PM