AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
January 28, 2008 11:50AM
Ziad,

This makes perfect sense. I realize now that BV saves things in a different coordinate system than other surface-generation software (we've run into this before with TLRC coordinates in BV). When I load a surface with suma's -i option alone (no -sv), the surfaces are flipped (the file labelled LH displays as a RH surface, and vice versa). However, when I include the -sv option (and the proper aligned volume) it displays correctly. I guess it's finding out the orientation of the coordinates in the surfaces from the volume header info. Is that correct?

Importantly, in my spec file, I have several surfaces that display both LH and RH on the screen at the same time (by mapping both LH and RH surfaces of a single type to a common StateDef/SurfaceState). It was never obvious to me that the surface controller that opens at any given time is specific to the surface that the cursor happens to be on at the moment one opens the surface controller. Knowing this makes a huge difference.

Thanks so much for explaining this to me,
Adam

Subject Author Posted

error viewing 3dDeconvolve output on surface

Adam Greenberg January 26, 2008 12:35PM

Re: error viewing 3dDeconvolve output on surface

Adam Greenberg January 26, 2008 06:26PM

Ziad January 27, 2008 10:35PM

ziad January 28, 2008 11:07AM