AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
June 19, 2008 01:41PM
I wrote a program which has been in use in our lab for a few months now, and it seems to be going well, so I thought I'd offer it to the larger AFNI community.

[brainimaging.waisman.wisc.edu]

This program reads the motion data output by 3dvolreg options -dfile or -1dfile. It looks for any jumps over a user-definable threshold (default=0.9mm) and then displays graphs of the motion with the jumps highlighted. The graph is interactively clickable and draggable; you can choose which points to highlight or un-highlight. When you are done, the program writes out three things:
1. a censor file, with 0 for the time points you highlighted, and 1 everywhere else
2. a list of the indices that were censored
3. a de-meaned version of the motion data.

The idea of this came from the fact that people here were using Excel to graph motion data and generate censor files, and it was, obviously, a pain. This way, the censor files can be generated in an intuitive way, by clicking on the bad points. Furthermore, since it's a unix program, you can easily write a script to bring up all the motion files one after another for interactive review and censoring.

If you just want to de-mean motion data, you can use "censor -ff motion.txt" and it will just calculate the de-meaned values and output them non-interactively. There are quite a few options; see censor --help for descriptions of them all.

I have run this on OS X stock configuration of 10.4 and 10.5, and without any complication on our Linux servers. I've attached a screenshot of the program running on a Linux server over X11 to my Mac. It is written in Python and uses no non-standard libraries, so it should run just about anywhere. I make no guarantees that it will run as written on Windows, because of the stupid use of backslash there, but it should be very close to running on Windows too.

AFNI crew, if you like it and want to include it in the distribution, I think that would be very cool. Let me know! :)

I hope this is of some use for someone out there.

-dave
Subject Author Posted

New program for inspecting motion

David Perlman June 19, 2008 01:41PM

Re: New program for inspecting motion

tom June 23, 2008 07:39PM

David Henkel June 24, 2008 12:06PM

Daniel Glen June 24, 2008 04:46PM

David Perlman June 24, 2008 10:47PM