AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
July 18, 2008 06:08PM
Hi Gang,

I think I'm a bit confused, so perhaps I should restate my problem so that you might help me become a little less confused.

I want to control for the effect of reaction time on the BOLD response. So I'm really not interested in that effect. (I might want to look at it later, but not now.) How, then, do I control for reaction time using 3dDeconvolve? Do I just add the RT regressor to the baseline using -stim_base, or something else?

If I just need to add that regressor to the baseline, will something like this do what I want? (note that this is the same as my previous post, just adding the hrf model, which, as you noted, I omitted before) :

3dDeconvolve ... -stim_times_AM2 1 times_rt.1D 'GAM' -stim_base 1 -stim_label 1 rt ...

If that wouldn't do what I want, or if I'm not explaining myself adequately, please feel free to set me straight or tell me where I could be clearer.

Thanks!
-Joe

Subject Author Posted

regressors of no interest in 3dD

Joe Paxton July 17, 2008 11:07AM

Re: regressors of no interest in 3dD

Gang Chen July 17, 2008 04:34PM

Joe Paxton July 18, 2008 10:00AM

Gang Chen July 18, 2008 04:54PM