AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
January 29, 2009 08:32PM
So, since I don't think this is possible directly, I want to use ccalc to convert from the desired p-value to the statistic threshold value. However, I can't make sense of the documentation for the specific function I want. I am working with "fico" data of correlation coefficients. It seems that what I need is:

ccalc -expr 'fico_p2t(p,a,b,c)'

However, I can't find any specific explanation of the latter 3 arguments. The documentation for the corresponding option in cdf lists the parameters as

SAMPLES FIT-PARAMETERS ORT-PARAMETERS

The first is clear, but I'm not sure what the others actually are. In particular, how do they relate to the inputs to 3dfim+ that I used to generate the fico file in the first place?

Using 3dinfo I got the statpar as 20 1 2. 20 makes sense, that's the number of samples, of course. But not sure what 1 and 2 represent.

Thanks...
Subject Author Posted

thresholding on p-value in 3dmerge?

David Perlman January 29, 2009 08:18PM

Re: thresholding on p-value in 3dmerge?

David Perlman January 29, 2009 08:32PM

Bob Cox January 30, 2009 01:16PM

David Perlman February 01, 2009 02:35PM

bob cox February 01, 2009 03:57PM