AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
January 05, 2010 11:13AM
Happy new year to all of you!

Another update for those interested: Ziad had a look at the functions I implemented earlier and they seem to work on the datasets he tested it on. Ziad has kindly incorporated the functions in the afni matlab toolbox.

The new functions are:

- afni_niml_read: reads a niml file. Also some support for non-niml files (gifti, 1D) by calling ConvertDset from matlab.
- afni_niml_parse: the parsing function that converts a niml string to a struct.
- afni_niml_print: the opposite of afni_niml_parse; converts a struct into a niml string
- afni_niml_write: saves a niml struct to a file

Limitations:
- functions are still experimental.
- there are few checks for data consistency. For example, it is entirely possibly to create a struct with data that will be saved without errors to niml format, but for which suma will complain.
- there are no easy accessor functions for quick access to certain data elements. The structs that represent the niml data consist of a tree with structs, and finding a certain data set (e.g. a time course) in the niml file requires walking through the tree.

Time allowing I will try to work further on this, and maybe have a go at implementing gifti support directly (i.e. without ConvertDset).

Please contact me if you have any comments, questions, or suggestions, or if you find bugs.

best,
Nick
Subject Author Posted

Reading and writing niml files in matlab?

Nick December 07, 2009 02:06PM

Re: Reading and writing niml files in matlab?

ziad December 07, 2009 04:29PM

Nick December 08, 2009 11:31AM

ziad December 09, 2009 05:33PM

Nick December 10, 2009 07:48PM

ziad December 11, 2009 08:50AM

Nick December 11, 2009 09:56AM

experimental support for reading and writing niml files

Nick December 14, 2009 05:14PM

experimental support for reading and writing niml files in matlab toolbox

Nick January 05, 2010 11:13AM