AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
May 31, 2019 02:15AM
Hi Paul,

I am sorry for raising this topic again. I know you might not be interested in the old trk.

However, I can not abandon it for some historical reasons in the laboratory :(

I had met a difficulty in opening .trk data from 3dTrackID using matlab. The problem was solved by simply run "spline_filter", another command in the diffusion toolkit, on the trk output from 3dTrackID. And the new .trk data can be accessed correctly.

One interesting thing is the "voxel_order" field.
All my DTI images were in the order of RAI-(or LPS+). And I assume that the trk after tracking on those DTI images should be in the order of RAI-(or LPS+).
The field "voxel_order" read from the trk output was "RAI". (I expect this should be "LPS" according to the trackvis tradition)
And when I open the trk file in trackvis, the tracks looks fine but the FA volume where the tracks was calculated from was totally upside-down, anterior-posterior fliped, and might also left-right flipped.

I also use the dti_tracker, a tracking tool in the diffusion toolkit, to do tracking on FA and tensor images from fatcat. The voxel_order is correct. The trackvis display the information as "LPS->LPS". The FA volume also in right orientation in the trackvis. The matlab also read the information correctly as "LPS"

I feel that the "voxel_order" information set in the trk from 3dTrackID might be in the afni fashion. However, the trackvis use an opposite way to define order.

What's your opinion? If this is true, please help fix this issue. If not, please give me a feedback so I can optimize my pipeline.

I know I can fix this problem by tracking using DTK. However, the 3dTrackID gave me the best tracking results. I hope to solve the most of thing within afni+fatcat suite.

Thanks very much!

Best,
Lz
Subject Author Posted

the trk output from 3dTrackID have an empty "vox_to_ras" field

lzhyoung March 19, 2019 01:45AM

Re: the trk output from 3dTrackID have an empty "vox_to_ras" field

ptaylor March 19, 2019 10:24AM

lzhyoung March 19, 2019 09:06PM

lzhyoung May 31, 2019 02:15AM