AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
October 29, 2019 03:24AM
Hi,

I'm attempting to get a cluster size threshold for FWER correction.
What I've done in the past year or two is use 3dFWHMx with the -acf flag on the error timeseries to get a blur estimate for each subject, and then enter the mean blur estimates across subjects into 3dClustSim to get a table of cluster thresholds.

From the documentation, I understand that the recommended method these days is to use 3dttest++ with the -Clustsim flag, however I'm not quite sure what the correct input (or, more strictly, the best for correctly reducing FWER) would be for this method? Should I still be using the error timeseries (i.e. only looking at the variance that is not explained by our model), or some other input?

And whatever the correct input should be, am I correct in thinking that the subject files in question should be handed to 3dttest++ as subbricks of a single bucket?

Thanks!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/30/2019 07:13AM by henrybrice.
Subject Author Posted

Input to 3dttest++ -Clustsim

henrybrice October 29, 2019 03:24AM

Re: Input to 3dttest++ -Clustsim

rick reynolds October 30, 2019 08:56AM

henrybrice October 30, 2019 09:33AM

rick reynolds November 06, 2019 09:20AM

henrybrice November 06, 2019 12:29PM