AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
March 23, 2021 12:42AM
Hi Daniel,

Thanks for your response. Sounds like issue with alignment using lpc+ZZ is related to partial coverage, as you say, so will leave it and use lpc, which worked ok.

---

Back to volreg for a second, when I use MIN_OUTLIER volreg, there is quite a lot of motion left *only* in my first run (all others are much improved, see image 1 below).

Image 1 – enorm for original data (black) vs. enorm after volreg (red)

[i.postimg.cc]

Do you have any advice for this kind of case, where there are problematic levels of motion, but only in one run? Should I try doing MIN_OUTLIER volreg on run 1 again on its own? (i.e., a second volreg of the same kind for this run only). Or do a second volreg for run 1, but using a different method? Would there be an issue doing later steps (like regression) with runs of slightly different smoothing extents (as could be introduced by different pre-processing)?

I have tried volreg_post_vr_allin which registered all runs really well, but it introduces smoothing to the epi's, which I am trying to avoid as much as possible.

---

With regards to the epi clipping when I did volreg with lpa+ZZ, I have attached an image (see image 2 and image 3). Does this look like the clipping you were talking about, i.e., that you would expect because things have been moved around? Or does it look more sinister?

Image 2 – pb.00.tcat.r01 (left) vs. pb.01.volreg.r01 (right), spatially matched – view 1 (most sagittal)

[i.postimg.cc]

Image 3 – ‘’ (a bit more lateral)

[i.postimg.cc]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/23/2021 12:44AM by hdempseyjones.
Subject Author Posted

align_anat_epi.py settings and warnings

hdempseyjones March 04, 2021 01:55AM

Re: align_anat_epi.py settings and warnings

Daniel Glen March 06, 2021 05:21PM

hdempseyjones March 11, 2021 01:15AM

Daniel Glen March 11, 2021 04:28PM

hdempseyjones March 15, 2021 09:11PM