AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
January 06, 2005 09:58PM
Hi,
I'm finding some apparent contradictions between my AFNI contrast effects and my standardized activity plots for a voxel of interest. and I just wanted to see if my reasoning was correct. First off, I have 3 tasks in my experiment, lets call them A, B, C. A is a control tasks and B & C are memory tasks. So I wanted to test a contrast for a Mem VS Control using the following contrast: -2 1 1. Now according to this contrast I obtain a t= -3.7 for my pfc voxel of interest, and so I interpretted it as being more active during my control task (because of it's negative value)...this seems to be the case for other voxels that don't give me the following issue. However, when I extract the standardized activity value for this voxel and plot a bar graph of it I see that it has positive standardized values for B & C and a negative standardized value for A..suggesting that this region is less active during the control task versus the memory tasks. Now, if do this for other voxels I get the opposit bar graph result (more activity in A vs. B &C)..this latter case makes sense to me since it seems consistent with my AFNI interpretation that this region is more active in the control. Why do I get the opposite effect for the initial pfc voxel I mentioned when it is the result from the same contrast effect? Thanks for your help. N
Subject Author Posted

AFNI contrast effect dilemma

Natasha January 06, 2005 09:58PM

Re: AFNI contrast effect dilemma--negative beta?

Natasha January 07, 2005 08:07PM

Gang Chen January 09, 2005 11:16AM

Natasha January 14, 2005 04:54PM

Re: AFNI contrast effect dilemma

Rich Hammett January 11, 2005 10:01AM

rich hammett January 19, 2005 12:59PM

Natasha March 28, 2005 08:33PM