AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
June 19, 2006 02:59PM
> In this situation, percent signal change is not calculated before deconvolution,
> and group analysis proceeds simply with the t statistics (converted to z) attached
> to the respective beta. In that case, would you still consider the z score to be a
> scaled percent signal change?

In that situation, I would still try to convert the betas into percent signal change. It would be not appropriate to run group analysis directly on the beta values due to the baseline variation across subjects. If I were only allowed to choose between unscaled betas and z-score for group analysis, I would pick z-score. Yes, I still consider the z-score scaled percent signal change because the t value should be the same with or without scaling on the original signal.

Gang
Subject Author Posted

z scores entered as DV for group analysis

Anthony Dick June 16, 2006 04:15PM

Re: z scores entered as DV for group analysis

Gang Chen June 16, 2006 05:39PM

Anthony Dick June 16, 2006 06:00PM

Gang Chen June 19, 2006 10:56AM

Anthony Dick June 19, 2006 12:20PM