AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
February 06, 2008 04:58AM
Dear AFNI experts,

I have some question concerning the stimulus timing files of an ER paradigm.

I have 2 runs, each of it 300 volumes with TR=2seconds. In 3dDeconvolve my runs are auto-concatenated and I used the -stim_time option. A few question arised when running 3dDeconvolve.

-) I´m not sure whether I created my stim_times files correctly. Here is an example of one regressor:
First I created a stimulus timing files for each run on a 1 sec grid, so each file had 600 lines. Then I used make_stim_times.py to generate stim_times files which I then concatented so that I have one stim_times file for both runs. Is this done correctly? (The same I did for all regressors)

- ) When looking at the 3dDeconvolve ouput I saw:
-stim_times using TR=2 s for stimulus timing conversion
This I don´t understand as I already created my stim_time file before. Do I have to worry about this message?

-) Do I have to tell 3dDeconvolve that my EPI data are on a 2-second grid but my stimuli are on a 1-second grid (is there any option for this)? I´m just confused because for 2 other paradigms (block designs) where my stim_times files are on a 2-second grid, the 3dDeconvolve options are the same as in this case. Shouldn´t there be a difference? I also want to write a censor file. Has the lenght of the censor correspond to the lenght of the concatenated runs or do I have to generate a file corresponding to a 1-second grid as I did for the stim_times files.

I know these are very basic questions but I really would appreciate if somebody could help me with that.

Thank you very much in advance!

Beate
Subject Author Posted

3dDeconvolve

Beate February 06, 2008 04:58AM

Re: 3dDeconvolve

rick reynolds February 07, 2008 10:36AM

Beate February 07, 2008 01:25PM

rick reynolds February 07, 2008 02:18PM